El Pasoans Fighting Hunger Food Bank’s COVID-19 response team has modified its emergency food box drive-thru distribution schedule to ensure broad coverage across El Paso County.
The schedule is as follows:
- El Pasoans Fighting Hunger Food Bank - Monday through Friday from 9AM-3PM & Saturday from 9AM-5PM.
- Abundant Living Faith Center - East - 1000 Valley Crest - Saturday's from 8AM-11AM - starting this Saturday, June 6, 2020
- Bill Childress Elementary School - 7700 Cap Carter Road - Mon & Fri. from 10AM-2PM
- Kelly Center for Hunger Relief - 915 N. Florence on Tuesday through Friday from 10AM-2PM & Saturday from 9AM-12PM.
- El Paso County Coliseum - 4100 E. Paisano Dr. - Tuesday through Saturday from 10AM-2PM.
*Please note: There will be NO food distribution at the El Paso County Coliseum on Saturday, June 13, 2020. No habrá distribución de alimentos el Sábado, 13 de Junio en el coliseo.
- Katie's Pantry at 4801 Sun Valley - Monday through Friday from 10AM-2PM.
Since the beginning of the COVID-19 crisis in March, the food bank has faced a soaring demand and are serving more families and individuals struggling with hunger. So far, the EP Fighting Hunger has given out more than 265,000+ emergency food boxes to over 100,000+ families and individuals at 5 major distribution sites and several mobile sites per week.
EPFH is working to ensure that individuals impacted by COVID-19 and related disruptions continue to have the nutritious food they need. The food bank’s crisis team is partnered with Feeding America, the network of 200 food banks, and local partners to ensure the safest handling of food and distributions to our communities.
EPFH is also calling upon the support of healthy community members to volunteer. The food bank needs to recruit 80 volunteers per day (40 volunteers per shift) as quickly as possible. Volunteers need to be in good health and a minimum of 16 years old. EPFH has implemented a health and hygiene protocol to keep volunteers safe. Community members who are able to volunteer can sign up here: http://bit.ly/2t055Ap or contact Miranda Chapman, Volunteer Coordinator, at 915-247-0257 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
People who cannot volunteer are strongly encouraged to assist EPFH with monetary donations. $1 equates to 7 meals. Donations can be made at www.elpasoansfightinghunger.org/donate