Position Available: Nutrition Educator
POSITION TITLE:Bilingual Nutrition Educator
Position Type: Full-time, grant-funded position
Salary Range: Dependent on experience, requirements, and registration/licensure
I. JOB SUMMARY
The primary objective of this position is to provide evidence-based nutrition education and obesity prevention strategies to the counties served by the El Pasoans Fighting Hunger Food Bank (EPFHFB). The Bilingual Nutrition Educator works to foster partnerships with partner agencies, programs, and community organizations as needed to offer nutrition services to staff, volunteers, and clients. The Bilingual Nutrition Educator is supervised by the Nutrition Education Coordinator to deliver nutrition resources and strategies for partner agencies and population served by EPFHFB.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provides nutrition education classes, strategies, and materials to SNAP-eligible sites and participants
- Ability to stay on task and fulfill the SNAP-Ed requirements
- Assists with revising of class curriculum, evaluations (i.e. pre and post-tests), and other class materials as needed to meet the needs of the clients and SNAP-Ed requirements
- Markets nutrition education services to partner agencies, programs, and community organizations via phone calls, handouts, and other communication channels
- Provides inquiring agencies with program information confirms class schedule with sites and resolves class scheduling conflicts or date changes within 24 hours.
- Fosters an inclusive, safe, and fun learning environment for volunteers and class participants
- Fosters partnerships with SNAP-eligible sites, such as schools and senior feeding sites, to bring nutrition services that promote healthy eating and physical activity
- Performs additional duties as assigned by Supervisor in support of the goals of EPFHFB
- Perform additional duties as assigned
III. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
A.Education, Experience, and Training
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and/or relevant work experience in dietetics, nutrition, community health, or related field.Major course work in Nutrition, Health Education, Public Health, Health Sciences or a related field preferred.
- One year experience in community nutrition or nutrition education, preferred
B.Knowledge and Skills
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.In particular, the ability to understand and organize detailed information and to write about or talk extemporaneously on that information.
- Knowledge of nutrition, food, and food safety.
- Experience in teaching groups or experience in community nutrition or community health education with audiences of all ages (children, adults, and older adults).
- Ability to work cooperatively under pressure with a diverse range of people.Demonstrated ability to communicate tactfully with all members of society.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with attention to detail and accuracy while adhering to deadlines in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Exercise good judgment and discretion; strong ethical character capable of handling confidential information.
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.Ability to be flexible with working hours to meet the client and class schedule (may include evenings and weekends)
- Ability to work effectively with other Food Bank staff and volunteers
- Ability to be certified in First Aid and Food Handling
- Must be able to pass criminal background check
- Current driver’s license and ability to use personal vehicle for EPFHFB business (mileage reimbursement for work travel)
IV. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION
- Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, identify colors, hear with aid, see, write, count, read, speak, analyze, alphabetize, lift and carry up to 50 lbs., perceive depth, operate a motor vehicle, and operate motor equipment.
- Conditions may include working inside, working around machines with moving parts and moving objects, radiant and electrical energy, working closely with others, working alone, working protracted or irregular hours, and traveling by car, van, bus, and airplane.
- Equipment (machines, tools, devices) used in performing only the essential functions include computer and related equipment, typewriter, calculator, copier, fax machine, telephone, and automobile.
Please submit cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org