Job Position: Fund Development Manager
El Pasoans Fighting Hunger Food Bank
JOB TITLE: Fund Development Manager
Reports To: Chief Development Officer
Direct Reports: None
The Fund Development Manager is responsible for working with the Chief Development Officer in planning, implementing and soliciting corporate/foundation gifts, major gifts, planned giving, grant writing and direct mail. Further, the Fund Development Manager is responsible for maintaining the donor data base management system, analyzing donor giving, developing and maintaining grant application and funding spreadsheets.
MAJOR DUTIES AND SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include, but are not limited to the following:
- To help develop and implement fundraising and program strategy to support the mission and goals of EPFH;
- Establish forecasts and evaluate fundraising potential, research and identify sources of funds;
- Develop budget, action plans, methods, materials, procedures and reports for each event and/or campaign to enhance effectiveness and maximize revenue;
- Establish and implement guidelines for donor stewardship and recognition; create recognition letters and develop means of stewardship for donors that effectively and enthusiastically convey the organization’s appreciation.
- Cultivate foundation, corporate and government relationships, identify grant requirements and time frames, prepare and submit grant proposals which are clear, complete, specific, and reflect the energy, urgency, priorities and mission of the Food Bank in order to maximize income goals.Collaborate with finance and program staff to ensure appropriate grant reporting, documentation and required follow up.
- Cultivate relationships with donors, both new and already established.
- Develop and manage the donor database, with the support of the Administrative Assistant, to ensure the integrity of donor information, timely processing of gifts and accuracy of information.
- Develop a Planned Giving program by working with financial institutions, community groups to provide information to individuals concerning the benefits and process for establishing a planned gift ( i.e. wills, trust and bequests).
- Build and maintain appropriate external relationships and coalitions. Stay abreast of relevant development opportunities with various community groups and agencies.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of Food Bank’s development programs.Develop and implement innovative strategies for continually improving Food Bank’s impact, effectiveness and quality of fundraising activities.
- Provide direction on funding potential of established and future programs. Work closely with Chief Development Officer to implement plans, budgets and forecasts, build community awareness and cultivate relationships.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Chief Development Officer.
Education and Experience: Four year degree; course work or professional certification in related field; minimum of five years’ experience in verifiable successful fund development.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and projects and consistently meet deadlines;
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with a high degree of accuracy;
- Ability to appropriately interact with people while maintaining excellent customer service;
- Available to work occasional evenings and/or weekends;
- Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to changing priorities;
- Ability to work effectively under periodically stressful conditions;
- Good problem solving skills;
- Self motivated with the ability to interact in a team environment;
- Positive and professional attitude and demeanor;
- Ability to pass a background check;
- Ability to pass random drug testing.
El Pasoans Fighting Hunger is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please send cover letter & resume to email@example.com