Job Opening: Transportation Manager
Join our team! Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
POSITION SUMMARY: Transportation Manager
With guidance and support from the Director of Operations, this position is responsible for managing all daily transportation activities for EPFH. The Manager will oversee and guide transportation staff by assigning daily work duties to ensure successful deliveries and pickups on a daily basis, in accordance with retail stores, food drives, agency orders, and other associated EPFH programs including CSFP and Free Breakfast/Free Lunch Program.
This position will coordinate and maintain EPFH transportation and operational objectives while ensuring compliance with TX DOT, safety, security, regulatory and company policies. As well as maintaining accurate entry and transportation records in an efficient and timely manner; Serve as liaison with other departments in the coordination of all transportation activity; Organize transportation schedules and thoroughly examine transportation data in spreadsheets for senior management. Provide information concerning daily program costs and areas of improved efficiencies.
MAJOR DUTIES AND SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assures proper scheduling of trucks for daily donor and agency routes and food drive pick-ups. Utilizes computerized routing software to maximize route and driver performance.
- Monitors and evaluates driver’s performance ensuring timely and accurate completion of projects and tasks.
- Maintains accurate records for all EPFH transportation activities.
- Develops budgets anticipating long term strategies for the vehicle fleet. In all duties, is responsible for cost-effective operations.
- Coordinates transportation safety training and workplace practices compliance with TX DOT/OSHA and tractor trailer interstate regulations.
- Assures all vehicles have proper safety equipment and documentation, including registration, fire extinguisher, reflective triangles and extra fuses.
- Coordinates and maintains proper compliance with EPFH programs.
- Oversees records for daily inspection forms, general vehicle service records, driver logs and time sheets, service records and other records required by regulatory entities.
- Ensures maintenance of all EPFH vehicles by scheduling regular maintenance and repairs.
- May perform minor repairs to vehicles and secure bids from outside contractors and vendors for major repairs.
- Maintains driver training Program by training and assessing new or trainee drivers.
- Commits to and understands the EPFH mission. This includes active participation in sharing the mission, vision and values of the organization, internally and externally, creating a culture of active philanthropy for and through all staff.
- Oversee Mobile Pantry program which includes but not limited to mobile pantries, school pantries, and client choice mobiles.
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
Education and Experience: College degree and/or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Preferred Experience: 3+ years Logistics/Transportation management experience, preferably from a food distribution or trucking industry.
2-3 yrs. experience with transportation and knowledge in compliance and TX DOT regulations.
Software/GPS. Experience with vehicle/commercial truck use and regular maintenance
Certificates, Licenses or Registrations:
Valid driver’s license, CDL-A or CDL-B preferred but not required and clean driving record.
ServSafe Manager Certification (required after hire)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities & projects & consistently meet deadlines;
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with a high degree of accuracy;
- Ability to appropriately interact with people while maintaining excellent customer service;
- Intermediate proficiency with basic software programs such as MS Word and Excel; proficiency in routing software.
- Daily dispatching and routing experience a plus
- Proficiency with Primarius software preferred but not required;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to changing priorities;
- Ability to work effectively under periodically stressful conditions; Good problem solving skills;
- Ability to maintain all paperwork and records assigned to this position.
- Good problem solving skills;
- Self motivated with the ability to interact in a team environment;
- Positive and professional attitude and demeanor;
- Ability to pass a background check;
- Ability to pass random drug testing.
Job Type: Full-time
- transportation: 5 years
- Transportation Management: 3 years
Required work authorization: