Job Opening: Transportation Manager
(February 28, 2019) El Pasoans Fighting Hunger JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Transportation Manager
Reports To: COO
Direct Reports:Distribution & Delivery Associates.
With guidance and support from COO and Compliance this position is responsible for managing transportation operations of the Food Bank. This includes responsibility for drivers, routing of pickups and deliveries, management and coordination of inbound and outbound carriers, overall management of the food bank’s FMCSA regulated motor carrier.This position is responsible for all Federal and State transportation related safety and record keeping related to transportation operations.
MAJOR DUTIES AND SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop & manage systems & procedures for receiving and distributing food in compliance with all local, state, federal & Feeding America standards;
- Manage a FMCSA regulated carrier in accordance with applicable regulation;
- Interface with volunteers, community groups, donors & potential collaborative partners to further the EPFH mission;
- Manage, motivate & develop staff to include performance appraisals, coaching & continuing education opportunities;
- Develop & manage a maintenance program that will ensure that all facilities, equipment & vehicles are operational & meet all local, state & federal regulations;
- Develop & manage a comprehensive safety program for all transportation employees;
- Work with accounting to create departmental budget; monitor & approve expenditures, & maintenance;
- Submit monthly and quarterly reports as required to regulatory agencies and Feeding America;
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Five years’ experience in transportation management; experience in logistics coordination; five years’ experience as a supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities & projects & consistently meet deadlines;
- Intermediate proficiency with basic software programs such as MS Word, Excel and Access;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to changing priorities;
- Ability to work effectively under periodically stressful conditions;
- Good problem solving skills;
- Self motivated with the ability to interact in a team environment;
- Positive and professional attitude and demeanor;
- Ability to pass a background check;
- Ability to pass random drug testing.
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org