Job Opening: Social Services Coordinator
May 25, 2018
We are looking for an additional Social Services Coordinator to join our team!
JOB TITLE: Social Services Coordinator
40 + hours/week; exempt; grant funded position
Reports To: Business Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: The principle objective of this position is to act as a primary social worker and contact for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Education Program (SNAP), formerly known as food stamps, as well as other State benefits. Duties include, but are not limited to: educating potential food stamp recipients at Food Bank Partner Agencies and other community partners throughout the EPFH FB 3 county service area. This position serves as a resource to assist other regional partners as well as provide application assistance for potentially eligible individuals. It will be essential to maintain excellent working relationships with all program partners and meet all tracking and reporting requirements of the grantor and EPFH FB.
MAJOR DUTIES AND SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include, but are not limited to the following:
- Act as a primary contact with EPFH FB Partner Agencies to provide information, education, and application assistance to potential SNAP recipients.
- Develop new relationships with community partners where such relationships will improve the outcome of the program.
- Spend portions of work week in both the field and office as appropriate, providing assistance to potentially eligible SNAP recipients through communication formats including online, fax, telephone, mail, or hard copy delivery.
- Maintain a results-oriented work ethic; set and meet predetermined goals regarding application, referral and social activity.
- Meet all scheduled reporting requirements. Maintain daily records of all activities and interviews, utilizing data tracking software and spreadsheets.
- Attend necessary training sessions and perform other duties as required to support the program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Training:
- Two to five year’s full-time, wage-earning experience in social services within a non-profit organization.
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required from a college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) in Social Work or related field.
- Bilingual in Spanish required.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills. In particular, the ability to understand and organize detailed information and to write about or talk extemporaneously on that information in both English and Spanish.
- Ability to handle multiple projects with attention to detail and accuracy while adhering to deadlines in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Basic understanding, familiarity, and sensitivity to hunger and poverty issues.
- Ability to work cooperatively and productively within a high performance, results oriented, environment
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Exercise good judgment and discretion; strong ethical character capable of handling confidential information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficiency with the Internet
- Demonstrates superior customer service and organizational skills.
El Pasoans Fighting Hunger is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org