Job Opening: Janitor/Handy Man
This position performs custodial and light maintenance duties in and around our facilities: troubleshoots, performs minor repairs, and responds to emergency calls for service; implements setup and take-down for a wide variety of food bank events; works closely with employees and the public to meet the custodial needs of the area; and resolves problems to ensure efficient and safe operations along with the ability to understand and comply with Feeding America & EPFH Safe food Handling Practices.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Clean and sanitize restrooms/bathrooms using established practices and procedures
- Clean, dust, and wipe furniture; sweep, mop
- Empty/clean wastebaskets and recycling containers
- Replace light bulbs
- Refill restroom dispensers
- Use and maintain assigned equipment and hand tools: buffers, auto scrubbers, brooms, mops, extractors, high pressure washers, high speed buffers and vacuums, and squeegees for the cleaning and general maintenance of floors, walls carpets, furniture, snow blowers, etc.
- Wash walls and equipment; use ladders and extension poles when required in work assignments
- Follow instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies
- Wash windows. Remove fingerprints.
- Move furniture, equipment, supplies and tools on an incidental basis
- Secure building facilities that are not in use, check for unlocked doors and windows, and report any unauthorized occupants; turn off lights
- Make minor mechanical repairs, hang pictures, etc.
- Assist with outdoor snow removal/ salting of walkways.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED strongly preferred.
- At least 2 years' experience in a custodial role is preferred.
- The ability to read, write and speak English is required
- Specific knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Ability to work without supervision completing assigned duties in timely manner.
- Coordinate activities by performing multiple task.
- High standard of hygiene and appearance required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Compensation: Competitive salary. Benefits include employer-paid health, dental and vision, retirement program, life insurance, and PTO.
- Email resume and cover letter to Nora Aviles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No personal inquiries or phone calls. Position open until filled.