Job Opening: Food Donor Relations Manager
JOB TITLE: Food Donor Relations Manager
Reports To: Chief Operations Officer
With guidance and support from the COO this position is responsible for creating, developing and managing food acquisition initiatives to ensure the continued growth in food resources. This position is directly responsible for donor development with farmers, wholesalers, manufacturers, distributors, retail grocery as well as food sourcing relationships/opportunities with other food banks and government. This position oversees produce acquisition and food purchasing programs.
MAJOR DUTIES AND SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include, but are not limited to the following:
- Procure donations of high quality, nutritious food product to meet organizational needs
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with existing food donors
- Actively cultivate and develop new food donor relationships in the 3 county service area
- Steward existing and potential food donors within service area through appropriate engagement activities, including visits, food bank tours, communications and recognition programs
- Plan, Implement and analyze all strategies that utilize government funds allocated to the acquisition of food product
- Work collaboratively with other food banks to solicit surplus inventory
- Maintain strong relationship with Feeding America food sourcing department
- Manage Feeding America CHOICE system to acquire nationally donated product
- Provide professional, responsive and appreciative customer service to all food industry partners.
- Work collaboratively with warehouse, transportation, and agency relations staff to ensure food sourcing strategies align with organizational needs.
- Track, analyze and report on selected metrics; i.e. pounds, donations by category, current, lapsed and prospective donors
- Manage food procurement budget to maximize food bank resources
- Develop and organize local food drives
- Responsible for arranging third party transportation as necessary
- Acquire & maintain up-to-date knowledge of EPFH, Feeding America and poverty information to properly be able to represent the mission of EPFH;
- Maintain donor database. Provide monthly reports to management;
- Meet with food donors on a quarterly basis to evaluate & ensure ongoing, quality donations;
- Develop & maintain procurement procedural manual;
- Submit monthly and quarterly poundage reports to Feeding America;
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
Education and Experience: College degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Two years of successful customer service experience requiring strong attention to detail.
- Experience in the food industry a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven success in sales and cold calling
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and projects and consistently meet deadlines;
- Excellent analytical skills, problem solving skills and mathematical ability
- Strong Business acumen
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with a high degree of accuracy;
- Excellent customer service
- Proficiency with basic software programs such as MS Word and Excel;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Fluency in Spanish and English preferred.
- Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to changing priorities;
- Ability to work effectively under periodically stressful conditions;
- Self-motivated with the ability to interact in a team environment;
- Must represent the food bank with professionalism when interacting with external and internal stakeholders
- Ability to pass a background check;
- Ability to pass random drug testing
El Pasoans Fighting Hunger is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Submit a letter of interest and resume to: Nora Aviles, Human Resources & Administration Manager, at email@example.com
No personal inquiries or phone calls. Position open until filled.