Job Opening: Director of Fund Development
October 31, 2019
JOB TITLE: Director of Fund Development
Reports To: Chief Development Officer
The Director of Fund Development is responsible for research, planning, implementing aspects of fundraising and donor development of EPFH including, but not limited to corporate/foundation gifts, major gifts, planned giving, grant writing and direct mail. This position is also responsible for managing Grant reporting to Feeding America, major Foundations and Corporations.
MAJOR DUTIES AND SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and implement fundraising and program strategy to support the mission and goals of EPFH
- Establish forecasts and evaluate fundraising potential, research and identify sources of funds
- Cultivate foundation, corporate and government relationships, identify grant requirements and time frames, prepare and submit grant proposals which are clear, complete, and specific to reflect the energy, urgency, priorities and mission of the Food Bank in order to maximize income goals.Collaborate with the Chief Development Officer, Chief Operations Officer, Business Manager, and program staff to ensure appropriate grant reporting, documentation and required follow up.
- Cultivate relationships with donors, both new and already established.
- Develop and manage the donor database, with the support of the Director of Marketing, to ensure the integrity of donor information, timely processing of gifts and accuracy of information.
- Develop a Planned Giving program by working with financial institutions, community groups to provide information to individuals concerning the benefits and process for establishing a planned gift (i.e. wills, trust and bequests).
- Build and maintain appropriate external relationships and coalitions. Stay abreast of relevant development opportunities with various community groups and agencies.
- Work with the Chief Development Officer to evaluate the effectiveness of Food Bank’s development programs.Develop and implement innovative strategies for continually improving Food Bank’s impact, effectiveness and quality of development activities.
- Provide direction on funding potential of established and future programs. Work closely with Chief Development Officer to implement plans, budgets and forecasts, build community awareness and cultivate relationships.
- Provide monthly reports to the Board of Directors.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Chief Development Officer.
Education and Experience:
Four year degree
A minimum of two years of grant writing experience
A minimum of two years of donor development experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and projects and consistently meet deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in Foundation Research
- Proficiency working with Donor Software
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with a high degree of accuracy;
- Ability to appropriately interact with people while maintaining excellent customer service;
- Available to work occasional evenings and/or weekends;
- Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to changing priorities;
- Ability to work effectively under periodically stressful conditions;
- Good problem solving skills;
- Self motivated with the ability to interact in a team environment;
- Positive and professional attitude and demeanor;
- Ability to pass a background check;
- Ability to pass random drug testing.
El Pasoans Fighting Hunger is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please no inquiries. Position open until filled.Submit a resume, cover letter and writing sample to:
EPFH Food Bank DFD position to: email@example.com