Job Opening: Director of Communications - Exempt
August 26, 2019
JOB TITLE: Director of Communications - Exempt
Reports To:Chief Development Officer
The Director of Communication, in conjunction with the Chief Development Officer is responsible for driving diverse marketing and communication initiatives across varied platforms to ensure the overall visibility and integrity of El Pasoans Fighting Hunger Food Bank (EPFH). This includes, but is not limited to editorial content, media relations, brand management and positioning, integrated marketing campaigns, story banking advertising, project management, advanced online marketing strategies, budget management, brochure development, web-site oversite, reporting and analyzing hunger-related information and statistics.Additionally, the Director of Communications works with the Chief Development Officer to develop and manage a Signature Event for the Food Bank, and when necessary manage third party promotions benefiting El Pasoans Fighting Hunger. The Director of Communications also works with the Chief Development Officer, and Director of Fund Development to plan and implement donor recognition strategies, direct mail initiatives, and other strategies to enhance giving to El Pasoans Fighting Hunger.
MAJOR DUTIES AND SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include, but are not limited to the following:
- Plan, organize, and direct overall marketing and communication strategies and public information
- Produce relevant and compelling editorial content for internal and external distribution, including but not limited to, organizational messaging, talking points, scripts, articles, and advertisements
- Research, create, and manage stories about EPFH, its partner agencies, and its clients that demonstrate the impact of EPFH in the fight against hunger
- Develop Press Releases, coordinate Press, and direct all Press Events for EPFH
- Maintain and review website effectiveness and to keep the web-site pertinent.
- Act as the liaison with the web-site company to coordinate updates to the site, and other functions to include setting up e-mail and content design.
- Administer and develop content for, and maintain EPFH presence on social media platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, and Instagram
- Maintain local, regional and national media contact lists
- Maintain policies and procedures relating to EPFH brand and communications including management of brand identity across departments for all internal and external communications according to EPFH and Feeding America requirements
- In conjunction with the Chief Development Officer, lead, drive and direct all graphic design, photography, videography and other visuals
- In conjunction with the Chief Development Officer and the Special Event Committee, envision and design a Signature Event for EPFH
- Create and work within a budget for the event
- In conjunction with the Chief Development Officer, develop corporate sponsorships, write event grants, and secure in-kind donations for the Signature Event.
- In conjunction with the Chief Development Officer, manage all aspects of the Signature Event to include, but not limited to, venue, supplies, advertising, entertainment, guest speakers, meals, and volunteers
- Manage third party promotions that benefit El Pasoans Fighting Hunger
- Develop and send out gift acknowledgments
- Manage Donor database in conjunction with the Fund Development Director
- Issue a Marketing Report to the Board of Directors on a weekly basis.
- Work in conjunction with the Chief Development Officer to evaluate the effectiveness of the marketing and donor strategies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Development Officer.
- Minimum two years’ experience in non-profit setting preferred;
- Good Spanish language skills for speaking and writing preferred
Education and Experience:
- Degree in communications or marketing;
- Excellent English language written and verbal communication
- Experience in digital marketing and social media
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and projects and consistently meet deadlines;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Proficiency in graphic design programs
- Proficiency in computer technology
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with a high degree of accuracy;
- Ability to appropriately interact with people while maintaining excellent customer service;
- Available to work occasional evenings and/or weekends;
- Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to changing priorities;
- Ability to work effectively under periodically stressful conditions;
- Good problem solving skills;
- Self motivated with the ability to interact in a team environment;
- Positive and professional attitude and demeanor;
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to pass a background check;
- Ability to pass random drug testing.
El Pasoans Fighting Hunger is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Submit a letter of interest, resume and writing sample to: Bonnie Escobar, Chief Development Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
No personal inquiries or phone calls. Position open until filled.