Chief Financial Officer
El Pasoans Fighting Hunger
JOB TITLE: Chief Financial Officer
Reports To:Chief Executive Officer
Direct Reports:Business Manager
The CFO will serve as a key member of the organization’s management team and will be expected to play a critical role in the continued growth of the food bank.This position is responsible for managing the finance function of the organization.This entails administering all quantifiable and qualitative financial and accounting policies and related systems.This position manages the finance department, serves on the executive management team and staffs the finance and audit committees of the board.
MAJOR DUTIES AND SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensuring financial strategy, practices and initiatives are aligned with the organization’s business objectives and support the organization’s growth strategy;
- Manage all financial operations including financial planning and forecasting, financial analysis, the handling of investments and loans, cash management, and provision of appropriate controls and reports, accounting and payroll;
- Responsible for ensuring that financial policies and practices are in compliance with the standards set by the IRS, Feeding America, and government contracting agencies;
- Responsible for developing the annual budget, project budgets and grant budgets. Oversee all financial aspects of our government contracts including billing and revenue optimization;
- Administrative functions including hiring, performance management, coaching, and disciplinary actions;
- Produce monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports as required and monitor monthly expenditures against projections and forecasts;
- Provide oversight for payroll and benefits administration;
- Staff the audit and finance committee of the board of directors;
- Provide financial information for annual audit; working closely with the external auditor;
- Work with insurance providers, monitoring coverage and communicating procedures to the staff;
- Interface with volunteers, community groups, food donors & potential collaborative partners to further the EPFH mission;
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or accounting with 7+ years of relevant experience, preferably with a nonprofit agency or public accounting firm or equivalent combination of experience.Current CPA license is preferred.A strong financial and accounting background, with specific knowledge of financial reporting, planning and internal control systems, cash management, benefits administration and general accounting practices is required.Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a leadership capacity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Visionary mindset with the ability to drive results, manage challenges and capitalize on opportunities;
- Strategic thinker with prudent business judgement and financial analysis acumen;
- Experience managing a multimillion dollar budget;
- Ability to manage staff to establish and maintain a working environment conducive to positive morale, quality and teamwork;
- Ability to work effectively as a part of a team, provide solutions, and respond quickly in a fast paced, changing environment;
- Strong analytical thinking, conflict management and problem solving skills;
- Strong computer skills including the visual presentation of complex financial data;
- People skills required to lead, motivate and inspire a team, represent EPFH in the community, communicate with partners, collaborate with other food banks, etc.;
- Presentation skills and ability to present complex information to employees, the Board of Directors, funders and other stakeholders in both written and verbal formats;
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities & projects and consistently meet deadlines in a fast paced environment;
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with a high degree of accuracy;
- Commitment to excellent customer service;
- Ability to be innovative, meet or exceed goals and manage workflow;
- Ability to pass a background check and random drug testing.
Bonus Points for:
- Experience in food banking or food industry;
- Fluent in both English and Spanish.
El Pasoans Fighting Hunger embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential.
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org